Developed by professionals for professionals, the Dräger PSS® 7000 breathing apparatus is a major milestone in our continuing development of breathing devices for the professional firefighter.
- Ready for telemetry operation with Dräger PSS Merlin System
- Available with standard mechanical gauge, Tx gauge with Dräger Bodyguard 1500 or Bodyguard 7000 electronic monitoring
- Comfortable yet highly durable shoulder and waist belt padding featuring a secure, high-friction surface to reduce slippage
- Sliding and pivoting waist belt assembly
- 3-point height adjustment
- Breathing hoses integrated in the backplate
- Reflective and photo-luminescent hose sleeves for improved visibility
- Quick release pneumatics, shoulder and waist belt assemblies for easy service and maintenance
- Optional Quick-Connect cylinder system for rapid exchange in the field and in the workshop
The PSS 7000 has been designed for maximum comfort and stability during use in harsh fire fighting environments. Incorporating a rigid harness connection to a 3-point-height adjustment backplate, advanced harness materials and a pivoting waist belt, the PSS 7000 remains firmly in position regardless of the task in hand.
The PSS 7000 utilizes new state-of-the-art harness materials which have been specially designed to withstand the high level wear and tear fire fighters subject them to on an almost daily basis. Incorporating sturdy stainless steel buckles and long-life Aramid blend webbing, it is well suited to extended wear and frequent use.
To keep both downtime and costs to a minimum during service and maintenance, the PSS 7000 incorporates a number of unique design features:
- Dräger’s innovative “slide and lock” harness mechanism facilitates fast and simple harness and waist pad connection/removal from the backplate without the need for tools.
- The first stage reducer snap fit connection allows the pneumatics to be fitted or removed quickly and easily from the SCBA.
- “Push in and out” hose clips allow rapid removal of hoses from the harness pads for cleaning without the need to remove the clip itself.
- Closed, single piece harness and waist pad design to prevent excessive water absorption, reducing cleaning and drying time.
To minimize the risk of snagging and to protect against physical damage, both gauge and air supply hoses are run through integrated channels in the PSS 7000 backplate. The hoses are routed with up to two per side within the channels, allowing the PSS 7000 to be configured to the users preference. Conventional waist mounted hoses can also be fitted, making the PSS 7000 one of the most versatile SCBA’s available.
Dräger has revolutionized the use of breathing systems by creating a range of optional components that can be selected in combination to meet the fire fighter’s specific needs regardless of the task. In addition to the standard features of the PSS 7000, it is also possible to add:
- Dräger Bodyguard 7000 electronic monitoring system
- Dräger Bodyguard 1500 PASS device with Tx gauge
- Twin cylinder configuration
- Quick-Connect (QC) cylinder connection
- Chargair quick filling
- Secondary supply connections for rescue, decontamination and/or airline use
- Dräger PSS Merlin Modem for telemetry applications
- Dräger PSS Rescue Hood
- Dräger PSS Safety Belt
- And many more…
The Dräger Quick-Connect is a revolutionary, fast-action cylinder exchange system which features a dual mechanical and pressure seal safety mechanism designed to prevent accidental cylinder disconnect from the SCBA.
- The pressure seal locks the cylinder to the SCBA while the system is pressurized.
- The mechanical seal requires a dual action, twisting push motion to remove the cylinder from the reducer.
With Quick-Connect, a cylinder can be securely attached to the reducer with a simple push down action. Exchange times can be reduced from minutes to seconds which can make all the difference in an emergency situation. The danger of cross threading or thread stripping is eliminated, and workshop maintenance is greatly facilitated.
The PSS 7000 has been designed to be fully compatible with the globally established Dräger Bodyguard 7000 electronic signal and warning unit as well as the PSS Merlin Telemetry System. The Dräger Bodyguard 7000 features an integrated design concept which integrates both power supply and pressure sensor modules within the backplate. This not only creates a balanced weight distribution, but also provides maximum component protection. Real-time monitoring of essential information such as time to whistle (based on current air consumption) and cylinder pressure is communicated via a lightweight, handheld electronic gauge and display and/or by a facemask-mounted Head-up Display (HUD).
Simultaneously this information can be transferred via the PSS Merlin Modem to an Entry Control Board or Xplore tablet / laptop PC running Dräger Merlin Software, further enhancing firefighter and fire ground safety.
Dräger Bodyguard 7000 at a glance
- Accurate, continuously updated air time remaining
- Digital and Analogue display of cylinder pressure
- Time to whistle (based on current air consumption)
- Intuitive operation
- Integrated personal alert safety system (PASS)
- Visual and acoustic warnings and alarms (102 to 112 dBA)
- Easy push-button operation
- Configurable settings to suit individual preferences
- Enhanced display with scrolling text
- Automatic self tests and system tests
- Datalog with personal ID
- PC Link Software (Windows® compatible)
- Choice of operating modes: Tally and Automatic
- Simple upgrade to Dräger FPS 7000 Head-Up Display (HUD)
- Simple integration with the Dräger PSS Merlin Modem
The Dräger PSS 7000 can also be fitted with the Dräger Bodyguard 1500, a wireless PASS system which increases wearer safety in potentially hazardous situations. The system draws attention to colleagues in distress by generating distinctive visual and acoustic alert signals and features wireless data transmission from the Tx pressure gauge to the Bodyguard 1500 PASS device.
Dräger Bodyguard 1500 at a glance
- Twin blue fascia LED’s enhance user safety by highlighting wearers position in areas of poor visibility
- Backlit Tx pressure gauge wirelessly transmits pressure data to Bodyguard 1500 PASS device and optional Heads-up Display (HUD)
- Visual indication of low air pressure alerts on Tx gauge and Bodyguard 1500 PASS device.
- Integrated thermal alarm on Bodyguard 1500 PASS device alerts the wearer to exposure to elevated and rapidly rising temperatures
- Detachable Bodyguard 1500 PASS can be positioned anywhere on the wearer and can be detached for stand alone use.
- Both the Tx gauge and Bodyguard 1500 PASS devices incorporate datalogging capabilities for downloading incident history
|Heavy Duty Harness||✓|
|Pivoting waist Belt||✓|
|Sliding Waist Belt||✓|
|Reflective Shoulder Straps||✓|
|Automatic Entry Control / Accountability System||✗|
|Fully integrated hose routing||✓|
|Automatically activated PASS||✗|
|Manually activated PASS||✓ optional|
|Head Up Display (HUD)||✗|
|Compressed Air Cylinders||✓|
|One Cylinder Configuration||✓|
|Two Cylinder Configuration||✓|
|PSS Safety Belt||✓|
|Valve guide protector|
|Additional medium pressure (rescue) hoses|
|EN 137:2006 (Type 2)||✓|
|VFDB 0802 (RA, PE, ESA)||✓|
|Weight (backplate & harness)||9.35 lb|
|Input Pressure||0 -300 bar|
|Battery Duration||> 365 hrs normal use (Bodyguard 1500)|
|Operating Temperature||-30°C – 60°C|